Castle of Mogadouro
Location N 41° 20’ 17.64” | W 6° 43’ 10.55”
Largo da Misericórdia 5200-211 Mogadouro, Bragança
Useful Information
PriceFree Visit 

With probable pre origin, the Mogadouro Castle appears documented in the XII century, when Fernão Mendes, the Braganção, donates it to the Templars. The main tower is from this period.

Headquarters commendation of the order of Christ and from the XIV century, Palace of Távoras, Mogadouro lords and mayors.

After the process of Távoras (1759) the building is degraded and completely ruined throughout the XIX century.

Read More

    Public services provided:

    Main tower: opened by appointment

    Price

    Free visit