Castle of Montalegre
Location 41.82626 | -7.791615
The butcher shop-5470 250 Montalegre, Vila Real
+ 351 226 197 080

The Montalegre Castle is located on a hill dominating the village, which extends to south and east. It is classified as a National Monument by 16.06.1910 decree and features a Special Protection Zone.

The property is owned by the Portuguese State, assigned to the DRCN.

During the XX century this castle was target of several rehabilitation and recovery by the former DGEMN, former IPPC and Town Hall Montalegre (1988/1990) and more recently by former IPPAR (1998). Following the 1990 intervention was installed a museum centre.

    Getting there:

    Village, parish and Montalegre municipality, Vila Real district; access is made by the yard of Açougue, 5470-250 Montalegre


    Every day from 10.00 to 18.00.


    Free visit to the Place-of-arms